Cynthia J. Koziol-White, Ph.D.
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Pulmonary, Allergy, & Critical Care Division
Translational Research Laboratories (TRL)
125 South 31st Street, TRL Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3413
tel.: (215) 746-2893
fax: (215) 746-1224
Education: Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
B.S., Biomolecular Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
Dr. Koziol-White joined the Airways Biology Initiative (ABI) in the fall of 2009 as a postdoctoral fellow in Dr. Haczku's laboratory, and continued her fellowship with Dr. Panettieri in the fall of 2010. Her research interests in the Panettieri lab have focused on elucidating cellular and molecular mechanisms that regulate airway contractility and immunobiology in human lungs in response to viral or ozone exposure. She has been studying the effects of respiratory viruses, particularly rhinovirus, on contractility of and the inflammatory responses elicited by the airways.
- Kim WK, Jain D, Sanchez MD, Koziol-White CJ, Matthews K, Ge MQ, Haczku A, Panettieri RA Jr, Frieman MB, Lopez CB. Deficiency of MDA5 Results in Exacerbated Chronic Post-Viral Lung Inflammation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014 Jan 13.
- Robinett KS, Koziol-White CJ, Akoluk A, An SS, Panettieri Jr RA, Liggett SB. Bitter Taste Receptor Function in Asthmatic and Nonasthmatic Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013 Nov 12.
- Burnham ME, Koziol-White CJ, Esnault S, Bates ME, Evans MD, Bertics PJ, Denlinger LC. Human airway eosinophils exhibit preferential reduction in STAT signaling capacity and increased CISH expression. J Immunol. 2013 Sep 15;191(6):2900-6.
- Edelson JD, Makhlina M, Silvester KR, Vengurlekar SS, Chen X, Zhang J, Koziol-White CJ, Cooper PR, Hallam TJ, Hay DW, Panettieri RA Jr. In vitro and in vivo pharmacological profile of PL-3994, a novel cyclic peptide (Hept-cyclo(Cys-His-Phe-D-Ala-Gly-Arg-D-Nle-Asp-Arg-Ile-Ser-Cys)-Tyr-[Arg mimetic]-NH(2)) natriuretic peptide receptor-A agonist that is resistant to neutral endopeptidase and acts as a bronchodilator.Pulm Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2013 Apr;26(2):229-38. Epub 2012 Nov 12.
- Koziol-White CJ, Goncharova EA, Cao G, Johnson M, Krymskaya VP, Panettieri RA Jr. DHEA-S inhibits human neutrophil and human airway smooth muscle migration. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012 Jul 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- An SS, Wang WC, Koziol-White CJ, Ahn K, Lee DY, Kurten RC, Panettieri RA Jr, Liggett SB. TAS2R Activation Promotes Airway Smooth Muscle Relaxation Despite B2-Adrenergic Receptor Tachyphylaxis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012 Jun 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Banerjee A, Koziol-White C, Panettieri R Jr. p38 MAPK inhibitors, IKK2 inhibitors, and TNF inhibitors in COPD. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2012 Feb 24
- Jiang X, Pan H, Nabhan JF, Krishnan R, Koziol-White C, Panettieri RA, Lu Q. A novel EST-derived RNAi screen reveals a critical role for farnesyl diphosphate synthase in B2-adrenergic receptor internalization and down-regulation. FASEB J. 2012 Jan 27.
- Koziol-White CJ, Damera G, Panettieri RA Jr. Targeting airway smooth muscle in airways diseases: an old concept with new twists. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2011 Dec; 5(6):767-77.
- Koziol-White CJ and RA Panettieri Jr. Airway smooth muscle and immunomodulation in acute exacerbations of airway disease. Immunological Reviews. 242: 178-185, 2011