Denis Hadjiliadis, M.D., MHS
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Associate Medical Director, Lung Transplantation Program
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Pulmonary, Allergy & Critical Care Division
835 West Gates Building
3600 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
tel.: (215) 615-3871
fax: (215) 662-3226
Education: M.D., University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Master of Health Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC
Residency: Internal Medicine, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
Fellowship: Lung Transplantation and Cystic Fibrosis, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dr. Hadjiliadis is a member of the advanced lung disease team at the University of Pennsylvania. His main clinical interests include management of lung transplant recipients before and after lung transplantation, cystic fibrosis and respiratory problems in recipients of other organ transplants. His main research interests include chronic rejection after lung transplantation, gastroesophageal reflux disease in advanced lung disease and lung transplant patients, choice of transplant operation in patients with advanced lung disease, and predictions of outcome in patients with cystic fibrosis and lung transplantation.
- Dorgan DJ, Hadjiliadis D. Lung transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis: special focus to infection and comorbidities. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2014 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ahluwalia M, Hoag JB, Hadeh A, Ferrin M, Hadjiliadis D. Cystic fibrosis and pregnancy in the modern era: A case control study. J Cyst Fibros. 2014 Jan;13(1):69-73.
- Mogayzel PJ Jr, Naureckas ET, Robinson KA, Mueller G, Hadjiliadis D, Hoag JB, Lubsch L, Hazle L, Sabadosa K, Marshall B; Pulmonary Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee. Cystic fibrosis pulmonary guidelines. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013 Apr;187(7):680-9.
- Colman RE, Curtis JR, Nelson JE, Efferen L, Hadjiliadis D, Levine DJ, Meyer KC, Padilla M, Strek M, Varkey B, Singer LG. Barriers to Optimal Palliative Care of Lung Transplant Candidates. Chest. 2012 Aug 20. doi: 10.1378/chest.12-0830.
- Hadjiliadis D. ACP Journal Club. Ivacaftor improved lung function in cystic fibrosis with G551D mutation. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Apr 17;156(8):JC4-10. No abstract available.
- Kremer BE, Reshef R, Misleh JG, Christie JD, Ahya VN, Blumenthal NP, Kotloff RM, Hadjiliadis D, Stadtmauer EA, Schuster SJ, Tsai DE. Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder after lung transplantation: a review of 35 cases. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2012 Mar;31(3):296-304.
- Kreider M, Hadjiliadis D, Kotloff RM. Candidate selection, timing of listing, and choice of procedure for lung transplantation. Clin Chest Med. 2011 Jun;32(2):199-211.
- Reshef R, Vardhanabhuti S, Luskin MR, Heitjan DF, Hadjiliadis D, Goral S, Krok KL, Goldberg LR, Porter DL, Stadtmauer EA, Tsai DE. Reduction of immunosuppression as initial therapy for posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorder. Am J Transplant. 2011 Feb;11(2):336-47.
- Christie JD, Bellamy S, Ware LB, Lederer D, Hadjiliadis D, Lee J, Robinson N, Localio AR, Wille K, Lama V, Palmer S, Orens J, Weinacker A, Crespo M, Demissie E, Kimmel SE, Kawut SM. Construct validity of the definition of primary graft dysfunction after lung transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2010 Nov;29(11):1231-9.
- Bajaj NS, Watt C, Hadjiliadis D, Gillespie C, Haas AR, Pochettino A, Mendez J, Sterman DH, Schuchter LM, Christie JD, Lee JC, Ahya VN. Donor transmission of malignant melanoma in a lung transplant recipient 32 years after curative resection. Transpl Int. 2010 Jul;23(7):e26-31.