William Jester, B.S.
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Pulmonary, Allergy, & Critical Care Division
Translational Research Laboratories (TRL)
125 South 31st Street, TRL Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3413
tel.: (215) 746-2759
fax: William Jester, B.S.
Education: B.S., Lebanon Valley College, Annville, Pa
Mr. Jester joined the Airways Biology Initiative (ABI) in 2004. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Lebanon Valley College. Mr. Jester has over twenty years experience performing and managing basic science research and he is currently serving as ABI's laboratory manager. The laboratories' current research is focusing on cellular and molecular mechanisms that regulate both airway smooth muscle cell growth and migration. The laboratories' other interest centers on the investigation of the cytosolic signaling pathways that mediate gene expression and alter myocyte function.
- Banerjee A, Trivedi CM, Damera G, Jiang M, Jester W, Hoshi T, Epstein JA, Panettieri RA Jr.Trichostatin A abrogates airway constriction, but not inflammation, in murine and human asthma models. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012 Feb; 46(2):132-8.
- Damera G, Jiang J, Zhao H, Fogle HW, Jester W.F., Freire J, Panettieri Jr. RA. Aclidinium Bromide abrogates allergen-induced hyperresponsiveness and reduces eosinophilia in murine model of airway inflammation. European Journal of Pharmacology, 15; 649(1-3):349-53. 2010
- Wang M, Cooper PR, Jiang M, Zhao H, Hui Y, Yao Y, Tate JC, Damera G, Lawson JA, Jester W.F. Jr., Haczku A, Panettieri RA Jr., Fitzgerald GA. Deletion of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 does not alter ozone-induced airway hyper-responsiveness. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 334(1):63-8. 2010
- Damera G, Jester W.F., Jiang M, Zhao H, Fogle H.W., Mittelman M, Haczku A, Murphy E, Parikh I, Panettieri Jr. RA. Inhibition of myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate (MARCKS) protein inhibits ozone-induced airway neutrophilia and inflammation. Experimental Lung Research, 36: 67-76. 2010
- Damera G, Zhao H, Wang M, Smith M, Kirby C, Jester W.F., Lawson JA, Panettieri Jr. RA. Ozone modulates IL-6 secretion in human airway epithelial and smooth muscle cells. American Journal of Physiology: Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, 296(4): 674-83. 2009
- Kim JH, Jain D, Tliba O, Yang B, Jester W.F. Jr., Panettieri Jr. RA, Amrani Y, Pure E. TGF-beta potentiates airway smooth muscle responsiveness to bradykinin. American Journal of Physiology: Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, 289(4): 511-20. 2005
- Wu J., Jester W.F. Jr., Orth J.M. Short-type PB-cadherin promotes survival of gonocytes and activates JAK-STAT signaling. Developmental Biology, 284(2): 437-450. 2005
- Wu J., Jester W.F. Jr., Laslett A.L., Meinhardt A., Orth J.M. Expression of a novel factor, short-type PB-Cadherin, in Sertoli cells and spermatogenic stem cells of the neonatal rat testis. Journal of Endocrinology, 176(3): 381-391. 2003
- Laslett, A., Li, L.H., Jester, W., and Orth, J.M. Thyroid hormone down-regulates Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule expression and affects attachment of gonocytes in Sertoli cell-gonocytes cocultures. Endocrinology, 141: 1633-1641. 2000
- Li, L.H., Jester, W., and Orth, J.M. A single dose of Di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate in neonatal rats alters gonocytes, reduces Sertoli cell proliferation, and decreases cyclin D2 expression. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 166 (3): 222-229. 2000