After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
• Apply the latest clinical guidelines in the management of endocrine diseases • Evaluate and efficacy of therapeutic options in endocrine disorders • Describe the results of translational research as it pertains to endocrine diseases
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education to physicians
Designation of Credit
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Arjun J. Sanyal, MBBS, MD - Fatty Liver Disease and HCV: The Interaction
This 8 week class is designed for young adults with Asperger Syndrome, High-Functioning Autism or Social Phobia who would like to improve their social awareness and sense of social competency.
Time: 12:00 PM Location: 251 BRB II/III
Paula Stein, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist Department of Biology
University of Pennsylvania
Essential role for small RNAs during meiosis in mouse oocytes
U.S. Job Search for International Students: Immigration Issues Made Easy
Wednesday, October 16, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Towne Building, Heilmeier Hall
· Presentation will cover topics such as: F-1 Visa/Optional Practical Training, H-1B timing and costs, how to speak with employers who are not familiar with the immigration process, and how to answer questions about the cost of the immigration process.
· Helen Konrad of the firm McCandlish Holton will answer your specific questions. Ms. Konrad, Director in the Immigration Practice Group, concentrates her practice on employment-based and professional immigration, with emphasis on: Permanent Green Cards, H-1B Visas for high-tech and professional personnel, J-Waivers, visa issues for physicians, National Interest Waivers.
· Mark Rhoads, Director in the Immigration Practice Group has a focus on temporary visas and permanent resident green cards for university researchers and professors; high-tech and information technology personnel; international managers and executives; and professional personnel in accounting, engineering, education and many other professions.
· No sign-ups are required to attend.
· **International students are also encouraged to access the Career Services' subscriptions to GoinGlobal and Uniworld through the Career Services Library’s on line subscriptions
David White, MD “Oral Pressure Therapy for OSA”
Senior Investigator and Chief, ImmunoTechnology Section Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, NIH
"Immunological and Virological Mechanisms of Protection Against SIV Challenge"