Becoming educated about your or your child’s psychological health is very important because it can get you and your child to a place of understanding about early detection, preventive measures and intervention, which in turn can aid you and your family to obtain a better quality of life. Knowing what's going on can help you get the best support and treatment for your family.
- NAMI is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for those affected by mental illne. NAMI hosts several public awareness events and actitivies throughout the year.
- HealthyMindsPhilly.org is an online tool and resource to support and improve the mental health and well-being of all Philadelphians.
- One-stop access to U.S government mental health information.
- A collection of information on several mental disorders including where to find mental health providers and treatment services.
- Affordable, sliding fee scale therapy services for a variety of client concerns.
- DBHIDS offers resources, services, and advocacy through a strong partnership with a network of healthcare providers to help people, whether they are uninsured or underinsured, lead a fulfilling life in a supportive community free of stigma.
- Provides comprehensive outpatient services to Philadelphia residents in need, part of Penn System