- International 22q11.2 Brain Behavior Consortium
- Clinical Services
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
Larry B. Macy, PhD
Larry Macy was born and raised in the state of Wyoming. He has two children. He has been a mechanic, a student, a teacher, and a researcher. He received his degree from the University of Arkansas in 1990 prior to coming the the Philadelphia area. He has always been interested in computers and is currently the Senior IT Program Director for the BBL. He enjoys photography, camping and working on, and driving a 1978 MG Midget.
View Dr. Macy's Publication List.
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
- Bachelor of Arts , University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- Associate of Science, Casper Junior College, Casper, Wyoming
- January 1998 to Present
Senior IT Program DIrector at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
Support and maintain desktop systems, imaging systems, and section servers.
- January 1997 to January 1998
Research Associate at University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. Desktop Systems Administrator for division.
- September 1990 to December 1996
Research Associate at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA. Systems
Administrator for department. Develop and maintain networked computer database for tracking individual patients through each IVF cycle.
- August 1985 to August 1990
Research Assistant at University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR.
- August 1983 to June 1985
Northern Wyoming Community College, Gillette, Wyoming. Teacher for Human Anatomy and Physiology (evening class)
- Knee, G., R. Molinari, L. Patti-Diaz, C.A. Winkel, G.T. Fossum, L.B. Macy. 1996. DPC Immulite progesterone assay correlates well with DPC RIA progesterone assay. DPC Technical Bulletin, AACC 48th National Meeting, Chicago IL, July 1996.
- Sobel, M.I., C.A. Winkel, L.B. Macy, P. Laio, and T.D. Bjornsson. 1995. The Regulation of plasminogen activators and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 in endothelial cells by sex hormones. Am J of Obstet Gynecol: 173:3 Pt 1.
- Macy, L.B., G.T. Fossum, Y. Laberge, C.A. Winkel. 1994. A patient management database for in vitro fertilization and scheduling oocyte aspiration. Fertility and Sterility. 62:(suppl)180-181.
- Macy, L.B., J.A. DeLee, G.C. Harris, Jr., and J.R. Cook. 1991. The effect of chicken uterovaginal junction culture media on the in vitro vagina-spermatozoal glycerol reaction. (In Revision)
- Spreen, S.W., G.C. Harris, Jr. and L.B. Macy. 1990. Contraceptive action of glycerol on chicken spermatozoa in oviducal organ-slice culture. Poultry Science 69:1759-1763.
- Bayyari, G. R., J. R. Cook, G. C. Harris, Jr., L. B. Macy, M. F. Slavik, and J. K. Skeeles, 1990. The evaluation of chicken spermatozoa using fluorescent staining in a 96-well format. Poultry Science 69:1602-1605.
- Macy, L.B., G.C. Harris, Jr., J.A. DeLee, M.J. Gwyther and H.J. Eoff. 1990. Effects of feeding lasalocid on the performance of broilers in moderate and hot climates. Poultry Science 69:1265-1270.
- Macy, L. B., J. A. DeLee, G. C. Harris, Jr., and J. R. Cook, 1990. The Effect of Chicken Uterovaginal Junction Culture Media on the In vitro Vagina-Spermatozoal Glycerol Reaction. Biol. of Reprod. (In Review)
- Cook J. R., L. B. Macy, and G. C. Harris, Jr., 1990. Evaluation of Male Broiler Breeder Reproduction Potential Using A Fluorescent Staining Method. Poultry Science. ( In Press)
- Vasquez, J.M., W.R. Boone, L.B. Macy, and C.A. Winkel. 1991. Differential capacitation monitored by the chlorotetracycline fluorescence assay in ejaculates from fertile and infertile males. 1991 Annual Program of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation (In Press)
- Cook, J.R., G.R. Bayyari, L.B. Macy and G.C. Harris, Jr. 1989. Evaluation of chicken spermatozoa viability using a fluorescence concentration analyzer. Poultry Science 68 (Suppl. 1):33 (Abstr.).
- DeLee, J.A., L.B. Macy and G.C. Harris, Jr. 1989. Use of gel filtration chromatography to evaluate the in vitro response of vagina to glycerolated chicken semen. Poultry Science 68 (Suppl. 1): 179 (Abstr.).
- Macy, L.B., J.A. DeLee, G.C. Harris, Jr. and J.R. Cook. 1989. Influence of uterovaginal junction tissue on the in vitro oviductal glycerol reaction. Poultry Science 68 (Suppl. 1):88 (Abstr.).
- Macy, L.B., G.C. Harris, Jr., J.A. DeLee, M.J. Gwyther and H.J. Eoff. 1989. Effects of feeding lasalocid on the performance and yield of broilers in hot and moderate climates. Poultry Science 68 (Suppl. 1):191 (Abstr.).
- Harris, Jr., G.C. and L.B. Macy. 1988. Effect of nicarbazin and Maxiban™ on broiler performance when fed to different age broiler males subjected to environmental stress. Poultry Science 67 (Suppl. 1): 17 (Abstr.).
- Harris, Jr., G.C., J.D. Patten, L.B. Macy and P.W. Waldroup. 1988. Effect of Ethacal© Feed Component on performance of Broilers in moderate and hot climates. Poultry Science 67 (Suppl. 1): 18 (Abstr.).
- Macy, L.B., J.A. DeLee and G.C. Harris, Jr. 1988. Using the Arkansas culture method to evaluate individual broiler breeder males for the glycerol response in the vagina. Poultry Science 67 (Suppl. 1):23 (Abstr.).
- Harris, Jr., G.C., L.D Andrews and L.B. Macy. 1987. The potential of a chicken bit for control of cockerel body weight gain in broiler breeder flocks. Poultry Science 66 (Suppl. 1): 112 (Abstr.).
- Macy, L.B., G.C. Harris, Jr., and S.W. Spreen. 1987. A method to study in vitro effects of oviducal glycerol reaction on chicken spermatozoa. Poultry Science 66 (Suppl. 1): 136 (Abstr.).
- Macy, L.B., G.C. Harris, Jr., and S.W. Spreen. 1986. Spermatozoa motility of individual semen samples of broiler breeders using a spectrophotometric method. Poultry Science 65 (Suppl. 1):85 (Abstr.).
- S.W. Spreen, G.C. Harris, Jr., L.B. Macy and J.R. Latorre, 1986. The in vitro evaluation in oviduct tissue cultures of glycerolated and non-glycerolated broiler breeder semen. Poultry Science 65 (Suppl. 1):130 (Abstr.).
Back to Top