R. Sean Gallagher, MS
At the Brain and Behavior Lab Sean is the project coordinator of a multi-site NIMH funded study investigating the role of genetics in schizophrenia in multiplex families; Neurobehavioral Family Study of Schizophrenia (MGI-2). This is a collaborative R01 that combines genetic and neurobiologic paradigms to advance the understanding of pathogenesis and detection of genes that modulate susceptibility to schizophrenia. At the Center for Neuroimaging is Psychiatry I schedule, consent, and conduct structural and functional neuroimaging procedures for internal and external NIH funded protocols including:
- Brain-Behavior and Genetic Studies of the 22q11DS
- Neurophysiology of Social-emotional Dysfunction in Schizophrenia (CONTE)
- Stress and Memory Study(SMS)
- Neuroimaging and Weight Status (NEWS)
- Cognitive Remediation Training (CRT)
- Philadelphia Neurodevelopmental Cohort (GO)
- Olfactory Neuroimaging markers of Heightened Developmental Risks of Schizophrenia (ONM)
- Master of Science in Counseling and Human Relations; Villanova University
- Senior Clinical Research Coordinator
- Roalf, D.R., Vandekar, S. Gur, R.C., Ruparel, K., Gerraty, R.T., Elliott, M.A., Gallagher, R.S., Almasy, L., Pogue-Geile, M.F., Prasad, K., Wood, J., Nimgaonkar, V.L., & Gur, R.E. Familial heterogeneity of subcortical brain volume and shape in schizophrenia. (in submission).
- Roalf, D.R., Gur, R.C., Ruparel, K., Gerraty, R.T., Elliott, M.A., Gallagher, R.S., Almasy, L., Pogue-Geile, M.F., Prasad, K., Wood, J., Nimgaonkar, V.L., & Gur, R.E. Neurobehavioral predictors of cognitive performance across a standardized neurocognitive battery. Neuropsychology, (in press).
- Roalf DR, Gur RC, Almasy L, Richard J, Gallagher RS, Prasad K, Wood J, Pogue-Geile MF, Nimgaonkar VL, Gur RE. (2012, August) Neurocognitive Performance Stability in a Multiplex Multigenerational Study of Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bull.