Highlighted Resources & Events:
Most training for BGS students, including advising and registration, is organized by the graduate groups. BGS-wide academic information is provided here.
Navigating the Crossroads: Where Do We Go From Here?
Presented by Learn to Lead: Expanding Opportunities for BGS Graduates, this is a series of lunchtime conversations on career options open to all BGS students and postdocs. All sessions will be held on Thursdays from 12-1pm in 10-146 Smilow. The schedule is as follows:
- October 29, 2015 - Michelle Homsher, Jason Uslaner Screening and Protein Sciences, Merck & Co
- November 19, 2015 - Emer Smyth, Scientific Review and Grants Administration, AACR.
- February 25, 2016 - Lindsay McKenna, Associate Principal, McKinsey & Co.
- March 16, 2016 - Kelly Orlando, Faculty, Immaculata University
- April 28, 2016 - Michael Brewer, Staff Fellow FDA
- May 26, 2016 - Anastasia Yocum, Principal Investigator, A2IDEA, LLC
Annual Biomedical Career Fair
Penn’s only career fair focused on PhD students and postdocs in science and engineering fields, the Annual Biomedical Career Fair features a wide diversity of employers interested in the skills, knowledge, and experience that you have from your research. The information you can gain from chatting with representatives at this event can help you make more informed choices about your future careers.
Penn Career Services has many resources for graduate students and alumni. Here you can:
Penn/BGS Student Groups
Most of the BGS and University student groups organize career development activities. Check their websites for additional information.
NIH's Office of Intramural Training & Education (OITE) holds workshops on basic job search skills for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows and workshops focused on specific types of jobs. Many OITE workshops are available online via videocast.
An additional NIH resource is the New Investigators Program.
All Upcoming Events:
PennLink 101 for Job Seekers: Search Agents from Penn Career Services on Vimeo.
On Campus Recruiting Advice from Graduating Students on Vimeo.