Our first academic event of the semester will be held on October 4th from 3 to 5 PM in Dunlop Auditorium at Stemmler Hall (http://www.med.upenn.edu/
The event will be followed by a reception including beer and appetizers.
We will have a panel discussion followed by a Q/A on the topic, "Industry/Academia Research Opportunities in Non-Tenure Track Positions" We have managed to get some awesome folks (professors/core directors) to talk to the BGS community about career opportunities in Research and Development but not the standard academic postdoc followed by the tenure track path.
Our panel will include
1) Prof. Mikey Nusbaum, Director of BGS
2) Prof. Maja Bucan, Graduate Chair of the Genomics and Computational Biology program
3) Prof. Nancy Spinner, Director of Clinical Cytogenomics and also the American Board of Medical Genetics program at CHOP
4) Dr. Tapan Ganguly, Director of DNA sequencing core at Penn.
5) Dr. Wayne Wei-Liu, Director of BGI@CHOP
The turnout at this event will set the tempo for future academic events of the BGSA, so I hope that many of you attend to make it a big success! Please save this date, and learn more by attending this event and getting a better idea about the opportunities in research after your PhD.
For up to date information on the event please join our Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/