BGSA wants to make planning and funding your event(s) as easy as possible! Please read this page carefully to see what type of funding opportunity is right for you.
Feel free to contact the BGSA Finance Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Applying for BGSA Funding
This section explains the three sources of funding:
Requirement: Events are open and of interest to all BGS students.
- If your funding request is more than $250, it needs to be approved by a general assembly vote. Submit your request here at least 7 days before the next general assembly meeting (which is typically the first Tuesday of every month).
- You must attend the following general assembly meeting to present the request before it will be voted on by the BGSA student body. Please consult the Merit Request Guide when forming your request.
- If your funding request is $250 or less, it will be voted on by the BGSA Executive Board. Please submit your request here.
Requirement: Events that are of primary interest to a specific graduate group (e.g. CAMB, IGG, Pharmacology, etc).
- Email your program reps with an event description and total requested budget.
- Before approving an event for discretionary funding, program reps will contact email@example.com to make sure that there is enough money in the specific graduate group's discretionary account to fund the event.
- Please follow the purchase order and reimbursement guides for best utilization of program funds per event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding this process.
Requirement: Events that are of interest to BGS students IN ADDITION to students in other schools at Penn (e.g. Wharton, Dental, Vet, Education, etc). To apply for GAP Funding click here.
To explore other funding opportunities through GAPSA click here.
After you have approval for your event(s) please see these two resources for help with purchase orders or reimbursements.
For a printable PDF version of this guide click here.
Details about Merit and Discretionary funding mechanisms are described in the BGSA Constitution.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.