Career Enhancement and Training (CET)
The Career Enhancement and Training Committee (CET) assists postdocs in becoming highly marketable by providing information, as well as conducting programs that enhance postdoctoral professional development.
- Resume vs. CV
- Non-academic Careers
Day One of Your Postdoc: Suggestions to start with:
- Begin to draft your Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Become an active member of the Biomedical Postdoctoral Council
- Create/Update your UPenn Faculty Expertise Database (FEDS) Profile, NIH Biographical Sketch and maintain a current/updated Curriculum Vitae and Resume
- Attend Professional Development Programs/Activities
- Sign-up for the Graduate Career Services List Serv(s).
Proactive Career Development: Take Charge!
- Learn to Network
- Meet new people on campus and learn their names and titles!
- Do you know all the people in your research group?
- What other labs are next door to yours?
- Who operates the core facilities that you utilize?
- Can you identify (by name) the support staff for your research group
- Obtain mentors (on/off campus) for multiple areas of your career planning
- Diverse Scientist Development Program
- Rapidly rising junior faculty
- Reputation of placing trainees in great positions
- Very successful grant applicant
- Active consultant
- Has industry contacts
*To Be Updated Shortly*