- Mission and Vision
- Clinical Program
- Training, Education, & Fellowship Opportunities
- Our Team
- Photo Galleries
- BSM Mini-Fellowship
- In the News
- Visiting Philadelphia
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Join Us on Facebook
About our Research
On-Going Research (pre-publication work)
(Please Click Link for Biosketch)
Questions under investigation:
- Can clinical gains with Zolpidem be sustained by partial reinforcement?
PI: Perlis; Funded by NIH/NCCAM
- Which Insomnia related correlate best accounts for insomnia severity: Attention Bias, Cortical Arousal, Dysfunctional Thinking, or Somatic Arousal?
Co-PI: MP; Co-PI: Colin Espie; Funded by NIH/NIMH
- Do the transitions between good sleep, acute insomnia, and chronic insomnia have predictable mediators/moderators?
PI: Perlis; Funded by NH/NIA
- Does CBT-I, with or without modafinil, in patients with insomnia co-morbid with OSA improve sleep continuity and lead to better adherence with CBT-I? Does improved sleep continuity lead to better adherence with Positive Airway Pressure Therapy for OSA?
PI: Perlis; Funded by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, LTD.
- Does completed suicide occur with a peak frequency at night?
PI: Perlis (Collaborators: Grandner, G. Brown, M. Basner, S. Chakravorty, D. Dinges, M. Thase, Chaudhary, and P. Gehrman. In submission with AFSP.
- Do patients with Insomnia exhibit an attenuation of the normal mesograde amnesia of sleep? Does this also exist as a main effect or as an interaction with again?
PI: Perlis; In submission with NIH/ NIA
- Does insomnia affect reproductive capacity?
Co-PI: Perlis; Co-PI: Jackie Kloss, PhD. In Submission with NIH/NICHD.
- How does sleep disturbance develop across pre-, during, and postpartum pregnancy?
Co-PI: Perlis; Co-PI: Jackie Kloss, PhD. In submission with NIH/NICHD.
- An exploratory study assessing whether insomnia negatively influences reproductive capacity.
- A pilot study on auditory sensory acuity in patients with insomnia
- A pilot study re: the attenuation of the normal mesograde amnesia of sleep in insomnia
- A clinical case-series study exploration of CBT-I outcomes and the effects of treatment on non-sleep measures.
- A study assessing the effects of CPAP (vs. sham CPAP) on insomnia in the context of SDB.
Back to Top