About our Research
On-Going Research (pre-publication work)
- A study of how insomnia severity covaries with CNS (beta EEG), somatic (corrugator EMG and/or heart rate variability during NREM sleep), and cognitive (attention bias) arousal.
- A partial reinforcement study that is assessing whether placebos can serve as conditioned stimuli for hypnotic effects, given a priming phase and a schedule of partial reinforcement.
- Insomnia and fatigue often occur in individuals who are cancer survivors. In this study we are testing cognitive behavioral and medication treatments for these common problems.
- A stress reactivity study examining how individuals with insomnia respond to a stressor compared to good sleepers.
- An exploratory study assessing whether insomnia negatively influences reproductive capacity.
- A pilot study on auditory sensory acuity in patients with insomnia
- A pilot study re: the attenuation of the normal mesograde amnesia of sleep in insomnia
- GWAS studies looking to identify genotypes for various insomnia related phenotypes
- A rollout study for group CBT-I in veterans using tele-health technologies
- An exploratory study assessing for PTSD related biomarkers
- An exploratory study assessing whether survey of lab based measures can discriminate between true short sleep and insufficient sleep syndrome
- A clinical case-series study exploration of CBT-I outcomes and the effects of treatment on non-sleep measures ??
- A pilot study of CBT-I in patients recovering from Alcoholism
- A study assessing the effects of CPAP (vs. sham CPAP) on insomnia in the context of SDB.