"The contributions of the Bridging the Gaps students … have allowed health center patients increased access to medication and allowed our health centers to meet the increasing demand for services during challenging economic times"
BTG Community Preceptor
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Bridging the Gaps Faculty and Staff
Sarah A. McCarthy
LECOM BTG Program Director
LECOM BTG Assistant Program Director
LECOM BTG Program Assistant
Students who have completed their first year in the School of Osteopathic Medicine and students who have successfully completed the LECOM post baccalaureate program and plan to attend the School of Osteopathic Medicine are eligible to participate in the Bridging the Gaps Community Health Internship Program.
2013 BTG CHIP Community Partners
- Barber National Institute
- Boro Women's Services
- Brevillier Village
- Erie DAWN
- Erie VA Medical Center - Homeless Care Team
- Health Care for the Homeless Partnership Initiative: Community Shelter Services
- Health Care for the Homeless Partnership Initiative: The Refuge and Community of Caring
- Housing and Neighborhood Development Service (HANDS), Villa Maria Apartments
- Housing and Neighborhood Development Service (HANDS), St. Joseph's Apartments
- JDRF, Northwestern PA Branch
- Mercy Center for Women
- Millcreek Community Hospital
- SafeNet Domestic Violence Safety Network
- Saint Mary's Home of Erie, Saint Mary's at Asbury Ridge
- Saint Mary's Home of Erie, Saint Mary's East
- Voices for Independence
- YMCA of Greater Erie, Kids Clubs
- Youth Development Center
For an alphabetical list of all 2012 BTG CHIP community partners and to view 2012 community project summaries by site, click here.
|BTG 20th Anniversary Tribute
"As students, we are educated in the most minute detail about all aspects of the sciences. However, our success … will be based more heavily on our ability to connect with patients … the [clients] taught me more … than any basic science course I have completed …"
BTG Student Intern
| What BTG Means to Us