- Information about Families and Mental Illness
- Resources for Families in Conflict or Transition
- GLBT Families
- Young Carers: For children of psychiatrically ill parents.
- S.A.F.E. Program: Support and Family Education. Family education program for people who care about someone with mental illness.
- NAMI: Excellent resource for information and support groups.
- APA: Website has an education section.
- Families for Depression Awareness
- Children and Adults With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- Mental Health America
- Mental Health Part D
- National Resource Center on Psychiatric Advance Directives (NRC-PAD)
- Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania Training and Education Center: Provides workshops, consultation and support groups for family members, partners and friends of people with mental illness.
- NAMI - PA, Main Line: Excellent list of many types of services available for families in Philadelphia and the Main Line
- University of Rochester Family Institute site: Site has an extremely thorough reference list under "resources".
ADD and Romance: Finding Fulfillment in Love, sex and Relationships. Halverstadt, Jonathan. NY: Taylor publishing.1998.
The Bipolar Survival Guide. David Miklowitz Guilford: NY 2002.
Surviving Schizophrenia: A Manual for Families, Patients, and Providers by E. Fuller Torrey. Harper/Collins 2006.
Mental Illness Acceptance
I am not sick I don’t need help! How to help someone with mental illness accept treatment. Amador, Xavier. Vida Press: NY. 2007.
Parenting and Depression
Out of the Darkened Room. When a Parent is Depressed: Protecting the Children and Strengthening the Family. William Beardslee. Little, Brown 2002.
- Making Adult Stepfamilies Work. Strategies for the Whole Family When a Parent Marries Later in Life. Grace Gabe and Jean Lipman-Blumen. St Martins Press NY 2004.
- You Can Go Home Again: Reconnecting with your family. Monica McGoldrick. Norton. 1995.
- Making Peace with Your Adult Children. Shauna Smith. Harper Perennial 1991.
- A Family Genogram Workbook. Isreael Galindo, Elaine Boomer, Don Reagan. 2006.
- Psychologists Affirming their Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Family
- Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists: position papers
If you would like to learn more about our service, make a referral, or schedule an appointment, please call
215-746-5900, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.