The primary mission of the Center on the Continuum of Care in the Addictions is to:
- Develop evidence-based procedures, protocols, and interventions that will be attractive and affordable to treatment programs and systems
- Change the way treatment programs and systems, state agencies, policy makers, and funders think about optimal ways to provide addiction services and manage substance use disorders over time
- Collaborate with large agencies or systems to implement new adaptive models of care on a major scale
- Continue research to improve effectiveness and utilization
- Attract new investigators to the field and facilitate their career development; provide training to students, clinicians, clinical managers and administrators, and policy makers; and promote synergistic collaboration with creative individuals from other disciplines at Penn and elsewhere.