STEP 1: All CDB Microscopy Core customers must have an active PennKey and an up-to-date email listed in the Penn Directory system. If you're using one of our microscopes in the Smilow Center, you'll also need an active PennCard to access our area.
- Information on how to apply for a PennKey can be found on this PMACS website.
- Once your PennKey is active, log onto the Penn Directory and update your profile to include a valid email address.
- Non-UPenn customers can find instructions and the form for obtaining a PennCard here.
STEP 2: Contact Andrea Stout or Jasmine Zhao directly to discuss the microscopy needs of your project. For all scanning electron microscopy (SEM) services, contact Yuri Veklich.
STEP 3: Set up a Microscopy Core Scheduling (MCS) account:
- You must have access to a valid budget code in CAMS before scheduling time or requesting an assisted session. What is CAMS? If you're a core user, read this for an explanation. If you're a business administrator, this document may be helpful.
- If your PI is based in any School at Penn: Log onto CAMS and follow instructions to request access to an account. You should receive confirmation when your business administrator grants you access.
- If your PI is based at CHOP, Wistar, or another outside institution: send an email to Andrea Stout containing the name and contact information for your PI and your PI's business administrator. We will create an external budget code for you to use.
- After your budget code access is ready, email Andrea Stout and request to be added to the Microscopy Core customer database. Include your PennKey in the email if it's not part of your email address.
- Activate your MCS account:
- Log onto my.med using your PennKey & password
- Click on the Microscopy Core Scheduling link on the left side of the page (under the heading "Cores/Service Center Administration"). This will take you to your PROFILE view.
- While in the PROFILE view, scroll down to where you can select the budget code to be used using the pull-down selection menu. Click the "Submit" button to complete the process.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.