Zeiss Lightsheet Z.1The Z.1 is a Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy (SPIM) system designed for fast optical sectioning of large fluorescent specimens with minimal phototoxicity or bleaching. Our Z.1 is also equipped for 3D imaging of CLARITY-cleared samples.
Zeiss Lightsheet Z.1
Room B30 Anatomy-Chemistry
- Dual side illumination with 405, 488, 561, or 638 nm lasers
- Dual sCMOS cameras for simultaneous imaging of two channels
- 5x and 20x optics and chambers for n = 1.33 (aqueous) and n = 1.45 (CLARITY) specimens
- ZEN 2014LS software for acquisition
- Arivis Vision4D software for post-acquisition stitching and rendering of large data sets
Best suited for: Very fast multi-dimensional imaging of transparent live or cleared specimens. Live specimens are typically mounted in an agarose column and suspended in water or other aqueous medium. Cleared specimens must be glued to a support and suspended in a n = 1.45 solution such as FocusClear or RIMs.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.