Nonhuman Primate Core Services
- Nonhuman Primate Pilot Grant Program
- Regulatory oversight and assistance in acquiring nonhuman primates
- Consultation on study design for nonhuman primate studies
- Routine veterinary care and husbandry
- All animals receive daily health checks. Emergency weekend and holiday coverage is always available.
- Animal Identification and Records: All primates are identified with permanent tattoos. The animal records system tracks clinical, husbandry, pathology, and research information on all animals in the colony from acquisition until release.
- Genetic Testing and Management: Genetic analyses are performed to confirm parentage and verifying Chinese-origin versus Indian-origin rhesus macaques. MHC class 1 and 2 typing is also performed on groups of animals at the request of investigators.
- Perform aspects of HIV-related research studies using nonhuman primates
- Clinical Laboratory Services
- Anatomic Pathology
- Confocal microscopy and image analysis
- Flow cytometry and immunology
- Viral characterization, isolation and production
Core Services Contact:
Andrew A. Lackner, D.V.M., Ph.D.