Nonhuman Primate Core Services
- Nonhuman Primate Pilot Grant Program
- Regulatory oversight and assistance in acquiring nonhuman primates
- Consultation on study design for nonhuman primate studies
- Routine veterinary care and husbandry
- Perform aspects of HIV-related research studies using nonhuman primates
- Clinical Laboratory Services
The main clinical laboratory is equipped with a Beckman Olympus AU400 automated chemistry analyzer and a Sysmex XT2000iV hematology analyzer with multispecies software and other necessary equipment. A satellite BSL3 clinical laboratory has three Piccolo chemistry analyzers and a Horiba ABX Micros 60 hematology analyzer. The laboratory is capable of providing most routine hematologic, clinical chemistry, and bacteriologic evaluations needed to support the diagnostic and research programs of the Center. Approximately 4,000 bacteriologic exams, 88,000 individual chemistry assays, and 10,000 hematology panels are performed each year. In addition, virological and parasitological support is available through the Divisions of Bacteriology and Parasitology and through Microbiology and Immunology.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Confocal microscopy and image analysis
- Flow cytometry and immunology
- Viral characterization, isolation and production
Core Services Contact:
Andrew A. Lackner, D.V.M., Ph.D.