Nonhuman Primate Core Services
- Nonhuman Primate Pilot Grant Program
- Regulatory oversight and assistance in acquiring nonhuman primates
- Consultation on study design for nonhuman primate studies
A primary aim of the Core is to stimulate translation of bench-based findings into animal experimentation by advising investigators on how in vitro studies can be translated in to in vivo studies in nonhuman primates. To facilitate this goal, Nonhuman Primate Core personnel are available for consultation regarding study design and implementation utilizing nonhuman primate models.
- Routine veterinary care and husbandry
- Perform aspects of HIV-related research studies using nonhuman primates
- Clinical Laboratory Services
- Anatomic Pathology
- Confocal microscopy and image analysis
- Flow cytometry and immunology
- Viral characterization, isolation and production
Core Services Contact:
Andrew A. Lackner, D.V.M., Ph.D.