Nonhuman Primate Core Services
- Nonhuman Primate Pilot Grant Program
- Regulatory oversight and assistance in acquiring nonhuman primates
- Consultation on study design for nonhuman primate studies
- Routine veterinary care and husbandry
- Perform aspects of HIV-related research studies using nonhuman primates
The clinical component of the core includes all necessary animal procedures to perform diverse infectious disease studies in nonhuman primates. This includes, but is not limited to: physical examinations, blood collection, saliva and nasal fluid collection, vaginal fluid collection, lymph node biopsy, bronchoalveolar lavage, intestinal biopsies and immunizations and inoculations by diverse routes.
- Clinical Laboratory Services
- Anatomic Pathology
- Confocal microscopy and image analysis
- Flow cytometry and immunology
- Viral characterization, isolation and production
Core Services Contact:
Andrew A. Lackner, D.V.M., Ph.D.