- Quantitative PCR facility
- Optimized HIV-1, SIV and cellular (housekeeping) primer/probe sets, Nucleic acid standards & other reagents
- Consultation & training in primer/probe design, data analysis, etc.
- Viral genetic analysis (from viral RNA or proviral DNA)
- Custom Molecular Support
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, PhD.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
Optimized HIV-1, SIV and cellular (housekeeping) primer/probe sets, Nucleic acid standards & other reagents
Primer/Probe sets for DNA PCR that have been optimized and for which standardized conditions are established:
- Strong Stop
- First Strand Extension
- Second Strand Transfer
- 2-LTR Circles
Cellular gene products:
- GAPDH (Both for RNA and DNA PCR)
Nucleic acid standards & other reagents
Ach2 cells contains one copy per genome of integrated HIV-1 provirus, and genomic DNA from these cells can be used as standard for real time PCR quantitation of HIV-1 in test samples. The core offers Ach2 genomic DNA standard containing 105 copies per ul for use a standard curve for real time quantitative PCR. Price per tube of Ach2 standard DNA is $25.
ROX is a passive dye that should be included in the buffer for real time PCR. Instead of commercial kits for quantitative PCR, we can provide ROX buffer if researcher perfers to use their own reagents for real time PCR.
Availability of various reagents related to the 7500 Fast machine:
- Fast 96 well plates, ABI Prism Optical Adhesive covers, and Fast TaqMan Master Mix are available at discounted prices at the PENN CELL CENTER.
- ROX (reference dye) for buffer is provided at no charge