- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
Custom Viral Services
The CFAR Viral / Molecular Core can assist with assay development and/or carry out various necessary services tailored to investigators' needs. Contact Dr. Farida Shaheen (information below) to discuss.
Consultation in Other Viral Services
The Core's goal is to provide assistance support in all areas of HIV virology. Assistance is provided in experimental design, use of particular virus for an experiment, etc. The core can also carry out limited infection-based experiments for investigators who do not have other resources to do live virus work. Consultation is free; charges for the experimental work will be determined based on nature of experiments, in consultation with the requesting investigator.