- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV/HIV-2 p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
HIV-1 p24 and SIV/HIV-2 p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
The Core offers ELISA quantitation of HIV-1 p24 and SIV/HIV-2 p27 Gag antigen. HIV Gag assays are done times per week, and SIV Gag assays are scheduled on an as-needed basis with users. A 225 ul sample is required and should be submitted in their final dilution form in 96 well tissue culture plate (place plate in zip lock bag, freeze and then bring to us). Dilutions must be done in tissue culture medium containing 5-10% serum. The results are provided at the end of the day when assay is performed.
Charges for HIV-1 p24 range from $3.00 to $4.50 per sample, based on the number of samples submitted. For SIV/HIV-2 p27 ELISA assay, please contact the Core at firstname.lastname@example.org.