- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
Mycoplasma contamination is a common problem among primary virus isolate stocks obtained from outside sources. The Core routinely confirms all Core-derived virus stocks as mycoplasma-free by PCR analysis. We also offer this service to CFAR members at a minimal charge for testing of individual investigators' virus stocks. The cost to CFAR members is $30 per virus stock.