- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
MT-2 assay to determine the syncytia-inducing (SI) versus non-syncytia-inducing (NSI) phenotype.
Viral coreceptor phenotyping (R5, X4, R5X4) in one of several cell-based coreceptor assays, to be selected in discussion with the requesting investigator.
Charge for the MT-2 SI/NSI or coreceptor phenotyping assay: $80 per sample for CFAR members.