- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Order Virology Support services through the Path BioResource at Penn. Instructions for the Path BioResource can be found here on the CFAR website or on the Path BioResource site itself.
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
The Viral/Molecular Core now offers access to a multi-purpose Synergy HT multimode microplate reader that can determine fluorescence, luminescence or absorbance.
This instrument is capable of reading any plate format up to 384-well plates! Shaking and temperature control are also available. The analytic software utilized is BioTek Gen5 Data Analysis Software on a PC.
- Absorbance (Note that this instrument offers continuous wavelength selection from 200-999 nm, enabling reading at any wavelength rather than pre-set filter sets)
Please contact Farida or Steven if you are interested in using this instrument for fluorescence, luminescence or absorbance measurements.