- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
The Viral/Molecular Core now offers access to a multi-purpose Synergy HT multimode microplate reader that can determine fluorescence, luminescence or absorbance.
This instrument is capable of reading any plate format up to 384-well plates! Shaking and temperature control are also available. The analytic software utilized is BioTek Gen5™ Data Analysis Software on a PC.
- Absorbance (Note that this instrument offers continuous wavelength selection from 200-999 nm, enabling reading at any wavelength rather than pre-set filter sets)
Please contact Farida or Steven if you are interested in using this instrument for fluorescence, luminescence or absorbance measurements.