- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV/HIV-2 p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Order Virology Support services through the Path BioResource at Penn. Instructions for the Path BioResource can be found here on the CFAR website or on the Path BioResource site itself.
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
Top: Infection of CD4+ cell line with NSI isolate (left) and SI isolate (right), under phase microscopy.
Bottom: Immunofluorescence staining of HIV antigens (yellow). Uninfected cells (left) and infected cells (right).