- HIV-1 viral isolate repository
- Virus isolation from clinical samples
- Virus phenotyping (SI / NSI and R5 / R5X4 / X4 analysis)
- HIV-1 p24 and SIV/HIV-2 p27 Gag antigen ELISA assay
- Amplification and QA of virus stocks
- Mycoplasma testing of virus stocks
- Inactivated HIV-1 Virions
- Plate Fluorimetry, Luminometry and Continuous Absorbance Spectophotometer
- Custom Viral Services & Consultation in other viral services
Core Service Contact:
Farida Shaheen, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Viral and Molecular Core
Top: Infection of CD4+ cell line with NSI isolate (left) and SI isolate (right), under phase microscopy.
Bottom: Immunofluorescence staining of HIV antigens (yellow). Uninfected cells (left) and infected cells (right).