Community Advisory Board
Chair: Andre Ford
The mission of the CAB is to foster and maintain partnerships and open communication between Penn CFAR researchers and community members. The CAB also works to enhance HIV education, prevention, treatment and research activities reflecting both investigators' interests and community needs.
- 2nd Cross CFAR CAB Meeting and Conference (June 10-11, 2013)
- International AIDS Conference Post-HUB Sessions (August 2012)
- Black Heterosexual Men's Health Initiative (Sept 2012- present)
- Expanded HIV Testing in Emergency Department Initiative (Sept 2012-present)
- Female Condom Campaign
- AIDS Malignancies Clinical Trials Consortium (AMC)
- Medical Monitoring Project
The Penn CFAR CAB held its first meeting on January 21, 2003 and meets on the second Tuesday of each month. The Behavioral and Social Sciences Core provides administrative and program support to the CAB in support of its mission and projects. The CAB is composed of representatives from a range of campus and community-based AIDS prevention and care organizations, PLWHA, community members and activists.
Become friends with the CFAR CAB on Facebook for the latest news and pictures!
We Choose to Remember
the Dale Grundy's, Rick Britts
all those we held in silence
now in the realm of our ancestors
they not only died, they fought
organized, demanded more....
from a system
a government that initially
turned its back
on the dying, the sick human beings
even now stigmatized
we choose to remember
the many and the un-named
the hidden though in plain site
they would not say
we are here
not just guided by memory
but by desires, destiny and deeds
so let us move forward
and challenge ourselves, each other
and the nation
"to do the right thing"
all the while....
choosing to remember.
Written by Robert Carter
Community Advisory Board News
- The Community Advisory Board celebrated its 9th Annual Red Ribbon Award Ceremony on December 1, 2012. View the winners!
- 2nd Cross CFAR CAB Meeting and Conference held June 10 - 11, 2013. View the agenda.