TB/HIV Coinfection Home
/ Working Groups
Awewura Kwara, M.D. – email@example.com - Treatment Working Group
Jane Carter, M.D. – E_Jane_Carter@brown.edu - Diagnostics & Implementation Science
1. HIV/TB Co-infection Projects:
- Concurrent HAART and Tuberculosis Treatment: Drug-Drug Interactions.
- PI: Awewura Kwara, M.D. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The main objective of the research is to investigate drug-drug interactions between rifampin and antiretroviral drugs in healthy volunteers and HIV/TB co-infected patients. In addition, the studies are designed to investigate the relative impact of host genetics and rifampin-gene interactions on antiretroviral drug pharmacokinetics and treatment response in HIV/TB co-infected patients.
- Tuberculosis in Antenatal Care in Kampala, Uganda.
- PI: Brian Montague, M.D., Email: email@example.com.
- The project includes an evaluation of tuberculosis in pregnancy amongst HIV positive and HIV negative patients at tertiary referral hospital in Kampala, Uganda. Initial phase is underway and consists of a descriptive study of women admitted with TB disease in pregnancy with attention to the stage of illness, occurrence of complications, and prior contacts with the health system which may have represented missed opportunities for screening. Second phase will be development and implementation of a screening protocol.
2. HIB/TB Researchers: