TB/HIV Coinfection Home
/ Working Groups
University of Illinois at Chicago CFAR
Alan Landay firstname.lastname@example.org
1. HIV/TB Co-infection Projects:
- In vitro and in vivo studies of the intercellular interactions between macrophages and lymphocytes infected with either HIV or mycobacteria (both MTB and M. avium) to define the cell signaling and activation mechanisms through which mycobacteria-infected cells trigger increased HIV replication.
PI: Mahmood Ghassemi.
2. HIV/TB Researchers:
- Mahmood Ghassemi, Ph.D., Section of Infectious Diseases, Dept. of Medicine, UIC, email@example.com (TB/HIV coinfection)
- Dean Schraufnagel, M.D., Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Dept. of Medicine, UIC, firstname.lastname@example.org (TB infection)
- Scott Franzblau, Ph.D., Dept of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, Director, Institute for Tuberculosis Research, UIC, email@example.com (TB infection)
3. Inter-CFAR Shared Resources:
- Lab to process PBMCs located in the Section of Infectious Diseases, UIC
- TB equipped BSL3 lab located in the Institute for Tuberculosis Research