Community-Based Small Grants Program
The Community Engagement and Research (CEAR) Core awards up to two pilot grants every year, funding research that facilitates community-based research and community engagement, especially community-based participatory research, and enhances the translation of research and technological developments to key public health and community stakeholders. This includes research in community settings or using a participatory research framework with active involvement of community stakeholders. “Community” is defined broadly to include populations in neighborhoods and organizations, including health care settings.
Recipients of the 2014 CTSA CEAR Core Pilot Grants:
- Anu Asnaani, “Testing & Dissemination of Screening Measure for PTSD in Youth”
- Keith Hamilton, “Store owner perspectives on an intervention to improve healthy food access”
Information for the 2014-2015 funding period:
This call for proposals is open to faculty with significant public and community health-related experience at Penn and is intended to:
- Identify innovative methodologies related to training, dissemination, evaluation, and/or sustainability of responsible community-engaged research.
- Foster interdisciplinary community-engaged research at Penn that will build capacity at Penn and have meaningful results within the community.
- Encourage additional faculty and staff at Penn to become involved in community-engaged research.
Eligibility: A team may be comprised of students, community members and/or faculty members. The PI for the grant must be a Penn faculty member. Only one application can be submitted by any one PI, though a PI can serve on the team for another proposal.
For additional selection and eligibility criteria, see the full CFP text here.
Notification and Project Period: The funding period for 2014-2015 has closed. The funding period for each award will be from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015.
Total Award: Two pilot programs will be funded and most grants awarded will be in the range of $2,000 to $10,000.For more information and questions about the CPHI and CEAR Core pilot grant program, contact Sarah Green.