- December 13, 2017 Carsten Skarke, Garret FitzGerald and colleagues characterize the "Human Chronobiome"
- October 26, 2017 Namni Goel and Kelly Alllison awarded $3.75 million to study effects of meal time on human health. Congratulations!
- October 24, 2017 A meta-analysis by Philip Gehrman and Elaine Boland found that sleep deprivation in a clinical setting reduced symptoms of depression
- October 2, 2017 Nobel prize in physiology/medicine awarded to American scientists for discovery of clock genes in Drosophila
- June 2, 2017 Namni Goel and Kelly Allison report that late-night meals disrupt fat metabolism and cause weight gain
- June 2, 2017 David Dinges receives Nathaniel Kleitman Distinguished Service Award
- May 24, 2017 Garret FitzGerald receives American Heart Association Merit Award
- May 5, 2017 Mitch Lazar and Sarah Tishkoff elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Congratulations!
- April 25, 2017 Ron Anafi and colleagues develop the "CYCLOPS" algorithm to detect daily oscillation of gene activity in cells
- January 19, 2017 David Raizen's group identifies a neuropeptide signal that causes sleepiness during sickness
- December 19, 2016 Garret FitzGerald Awarded an Honorary Fellowship by British Pharmacological Society
- November 21, 2016 Amita Sehgal one of 10 Penn Professors Named AAAS Fellow for 2016
- September 22, 2016 Garret FitzGerald Receives Distinguished Service Award for the Irish Abroad
- August 22, 2016. Ted Abel and former post-doc, Robert Havekes, reveal how sleep deprivation impairs memory.
- July 26, 2016. Lazar's group reports that co-dependence of HNF6 with the clock protein, rev-erb alpha, may be key to understanding fatty liver disease.
- May 31, 2016. Dr. Garret FitzGerald Elected to the Royal Irish Academy.
- May 19, 2016. Amita Sehgal elected to National Academy of Sciences. Congratulations Amita!
- May 17, 2016. Sehgal's group found the brain clock and a neuropeptide regulate detoxification enzymes in the fat body.
- April 26, 2016. Penn Study on Fragile X Syndrome Uses Fruitfly's Point of View to Identify New Treatment Paths
- February 25, 2016. David Dinges Receives Pioneer Award for Research Contributions to Space Biomedical Community from the National Space Biomedical Research Institute.
- November 26, 2014. Penn Medicine Team Develops Cognitive Test Battery to Assess the Impact of Long Duration Spaceflights on Astronauts’ Brain Function.
- November 20, 2014. Unwinding the Mysteries of the Cellular Clock.
- November 18, 2014. Preventing Memory Problems Caused by Sleep Deprivation.
- October 27, 2014. First Atlas of Body Clock Gene Expression in Mammals Informs Timing of Drug Delivery and Emerging Field of Chronotherapy.
- September 11, 2014. Zebrafish Model of a Learning and Memory Disorder Shows Better Way to Target Treatment.
- August 11, 2014. Penn Medicine Researchers Call for More Research on Impact of Sleep Deficiency and Drug Use Among Astronauts.
- April 24, 2014. Penn Fruitfly Study Identifies Brain Circuit that Drives Daily Cycles of Rest, Activity.
- April 17, 2014. Penn Study Connects Sleep Deficits Among Young Fruitflies to Disruption in Mating Later in Life.
- April 1, 2014. Penn Study in Fruit Flies Shows that Epilepsy Drug Target May Have Implications for Brain Disorder Sleep Disruption.
- March 17, 2014. Penn's Garret FitzGerald Honored with Inaugural St. Patrick's Day Science Medal from the Science Foundation Ireland.
- February 4, 2014. New Sleep Gene, Redeye, Discovered in Fruitflies Promotes the Need to Sleep.