- 2014 NIMH Child Intervention, Prevention, and Services (CHIPS) Research Training Institute
- Azad GF, Blacher J, & Marcoulides, G (2014). Longitudinal models of socio-economic status: impact on positive parenting behaviors. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 38(3), 1-9.
- Blacher J, Azad GF, & Cohen S (submitted). In the eye of the beholder: Reports of autism symptoms by Anglo and Latino parents. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Azad GF, Locke J, Kasari C, Mandell DS (submitted). Ethnicity, Disability, and Grade: The trifecta affecting social relationships in children with autism spectrum disorders in elementary school. Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry.
- Dr. Rinad Beidas was selected for the 2014 Beck Institute Faculty Scholarship.
- Dr. Rinad Beidas was a recipient of the 2013 Early Career Award, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapists (ABCT), Dissemination and Implementation Special Interest Group (DIS-SIG).
- Dr. Beidas published a new book on implementation science in child and adolescent mental health - Dissemination and Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
- A hybrid effectiveness-implementation trial of an evidence-based exercise intervention for breast cancer survivors Beidas, R. S., Paciotti, B., Barg, F., Branas, A., Brown, J., Glanz, K., …Schmitz, K. (in press). A hybrid effectiveness-implementation trial of an evidence-based exercise intervention for breast cancer survivors. Journal of the National Cancer Institute Monograph.
- Sustaining clinician penetration, attitudes, and knowledge in cognitive-behavioral therapy for youth anxiety. Edmunds, J. M., Read, K., Ringle, V. A., Brodman, D., Kendall, P. C., & Beidas, R. S. (in press). Sustaining clinician penetration, attitudes, and knowledge in cognitive-behavioral therapy for youth anxiety. Implementation Science.
- Free, brief, and validated: Standardized instruments for low-resource mental health settings. Beidas, R. S., Stewart, R., Walsh, L. M., Lucas, S., Downey, M., Jackson, K., … Mandell, D. S. (in press). Free, brief, and validated: Standardized instruments for low-resource mental health settings. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. doi:10.1016/j.cbpra.2014.02.002
- A practical implementation science heuristic for organizational readiness: R=MC2. Scaccia, J., Cook, B., Lamont, A., Wandersman, A., Castellow, J., Katz, J., & Beidas, R.S. (in press). A practical implementation science heuristic for organizational readiness: R=MC2. Journal of Community Psychology.
- Are inner context factors related to implementation outcomes in cognitive-behavioral therapy for youth anxiety? Beidas, R. S., Edmunds, J. M., Ditty, M., Watkins, J., Walsh, L. M., Marcus, S., & Kendall, P. C. (in press). Are inner context factors related to implementation outcomes in cognitive-behavioral therapy for youth anxiety? Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. doi: 10.1007/s10488-013-0529-x
- 2014 UCLA Clinical Forecasting Pilot Competition
- May 9, 2014 Implementing Social Skills Interventions for Children with Autism in Public Schools, Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences Colloquium, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- May 14, 2014 Navigating Epidemiology, Community Based Research, Systems, Access to Services and Intervention Grant Applications, Early Career Preconference Workshop: Grant Writing and Review in Autism Research, International Meeting for Autism Research, Atlanta, GA
- May 30, 2014 Social Skills in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Across Development and Context, Distinguished Lecture Series, Center for Autism Research, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Vu JA, Locke J (2014). Social network profiles of children in early elementary school classrooms. Journal of Research in Childhood Education. 28; 69-84.
- Locke J, Kasari C, Wood J (2014). Assessing social skills in early elementary-aged children with autism spectrum disorders: The Social Skills Q-Sort. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment. 32; 62-76.
- Locke J, Rotheram-Fuller E, Xie M, Harker C, Mandell DS (2014). Correlation of cognitive and social outcomes among children with autism spectrum disorder in a randomized trial of behavioral intervention. Autism: International Journal of Research and Practice, 18, 370-375.
- Locke J, Olsen A, Wideman R, Downey MM, Kretzmann M, Kasari C, & Mandell DM (2014). A tangled web: The challenges of implementing an evidence-based social engagement intervention for children with autism in urban public school settings. Behavior Therapy.
- Iadarola S, Hetherington S, Clinton C, Dean M, Reisinger E, Huynh L, Locke J, Conn K, Heinert S, Kataoka S, Harwood R, Smith T, Mandell DS, & Kasari C. (in press). Services for children with autism spectrum disorder in three, large urban school districts: Perspectives of parents and educators. Autism: International Journal of Research and Practice.
- Locke J, Kratz H, Reisinger E, & Mandell D (2014). Implementation of evidence-based practices for children with autism spectrum disorders in public schools. In Beidas R & Kendall P (eds). Child and Adolescent Therapy: Dissemination and Implementation of Empirically Supported Treatments. Oxford University Press. pp. 261-276.
- Dr. Mandell gave a talk at MIT on September 14, 2014: Storming the Ivory Tower: Why autism interventions don't work as they should in the community and what to do about it.
- 2012 - present Editor-in-Chief, Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice
- Shea L, Newschaffer CJ, Xie M, Myers SM, Mandell DS. Genetic Testing and Genetic Counseling among Medicaid-Enrolled Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in 2001 and 2007. Human Genetics. 2014;133(1):111-116.
- Nahmias AS, Kase C, Mandell DS. Comparing Cognitive Outcomes among Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Receiving Community-Based Early Intervention in One of Three Placements. Autism. 2014;18(3):311-320.
- Locke J, Rotheram-Fuller E, Xie M, Harker C, Mandell D. Correlation of Cognitive and Social Outcomes among Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in a Randomized Trial of Behavioral Intervention. Autism. 2014;18(4):370-375.
- Buescher AV, Cidav Z, Knapp M, Mandell DS. Costs of autism spectrum disorders in the United Kingdom and the United States of America. JAMA Pediatrics. 2014; electronic publication ahead of print.
- Stahmer AC, Rieth S, Lee E, Reisinger E, Connell JE, Mandell, D. Training Teachers to use Evidence-Based Practices for Autism: The Issue of Fidelity of Implementation. Psychology in the Schools. In press
- Beidas RS, Stewart R, Walsh L, Lucas S, Downey M, Jackson K, Fernandez T, Mandell D. Free, brief, and validated: Standardized instruments for low-resource mental health settings. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. In press.
- Cidav Z, Marcus SC, Mandell DS. Home and Community Based Waivers for Children with Autism: Effects on Service Use and Cost. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. In press.
- Houser L, Lawer LJ, McCarthy M, Mandell DS. A Challenging Fit: Employment, Child Care, and Therapeutic Support in Families of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Journal of Social Service Research. In press.
- Mandell DS, Lecavalier L (2014). Should we believe the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s autism spectrum disorder prevalence estimates? Autism 18(5):482-484
- Kullgren JT, Dicks TN, Fu X, Richardson D, Tzanis GL, Tobi M, Marcus SC, Financial Incentives for Completion of Fecal Occult Blood Tests among Veterans: A 2-Stage Pragmatic Cluster Randomized, Controlled Trial, Ann Int Med, In Press.
- Cidav Z, Marcus SC, Mandell DS. Home- and community-based waivers for children with autism: effects on service use and costs. Intellect Dev Disabil. 2014 Aug;52(4):239-48. PMID: 25061768.
- Olfson M, Marcus SC, Bridge JA. Addressing suicide risk in emergency department patients. JAMA. 2014 Jul 16;312(3):298. PubMed PMID: 25027154.
- Long JA, Wang A, Medvedeva EL, Eisen SV, Gordon AJ, Kreyenbuhl J, Marcus SC. Glucose control and medication adherence among veterans with diabetes and serious mental illness: does collocation of primary care and mental health care matter? Diabetes Care. 2014 Aug;37(8):2261-7. Epub 2014 May 30. PubMed PMID: 24879839.
- Li P, Metlay JP, Marcus SC, Doshi JA. Factors associated with antimicrobial drug use in medicaid programs. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014 May;20(5):829-32. PubMed PMID: 24751202
- Werner RM, Canamucio A, Marcus SC, Terwiesch C. Primary care access and emergency room use among older veterans. J Gen Intern Med. 2014 Jul;29 Suppl 2:689-94. PubMed PMID: 24715391;
- Olfson M, Marcus SC, Bridge JA. Focusing suicide prevention on periods of high risk. JAMA. 2014 Mar 19;311(11):1107-8. PubMed PMID: 24515285.
- Maust DT, Oslin DW, Marcus SC. Effect of age on the profile of psychotropic users: results from the 2010 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Feb;62(2):358-64. Epub 2014 Jan 13. PubMed PMID: 24417590
- Stewart, R. E., Mandell, D. S., & Hadley, T. R. (2014). They’re All Talk (And Training): How Payers Incentivize the Implementation of Evidence-Based Practice in the Public Sector. Manuscript submitted for publication.