Why was the Office of Corporate Research created?
- To establish Penn Medicine as the leader in transforming basic medical science knowledge into technology that can benefit patient care
- To position Penn Medicine as the partner of first choice for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical-device companies seeking to strengthen their basic science capabilities
- Click here to find out more about how OCR can help you.
What are the Objectives of the Office of Corporate Research?
- Build Penn Medicine relationships with the corporate community via
- Sponsored research
- Collaborative research
- Clinical trial support
- Access to Penn Medicine
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for the Perelman School of Medicine
- Improve current Perelman School of Medicine processes
- Function as the focal point for corporate access for the Perelman School of Medicine
What are the Roles of the Office of Corporate Research?
- Facilitator of commercial success
- Internal consultant
- Manager of the business development process
- Cultivator of revenue through commercial relationships
- Marketer of the Perelman School of Medicine and its business development opportunities
- Liaison with the business community