Center for Translational Lung Biology Research Fellowship Experience
The Center for Translational Lung Biology Research Fellowship Experience is a competitive opportunity for undergraduates, graduates, and individuals already in possession of an advanced degree in the field of science who are seeking additional research experiences for career development, and to gain knowledge in the field of translational research and lung biology. The participation duration can range from one academic semester to one year. We encourage all interested individuals to apply.
Each recipient is responsible for completing the following requirements:
- Participate in an assigned established research protocol under the Center for Translational Lung Biology
- Maintain communication with the research team
- Attend weekly mentorship meetings
- Complete a 1-page essay outlining their learning experience
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program, graduate program, or individuals already of an advanced degree in the field of science, but with limited prior research experience and seeking to learn as part of their career development process
- Demonstrated interest in translational research and lung biology
- Individuals are appointed at the discretion and need of the program and may be dismissed from this program due to poor performance
To apply, the following must be submitted:
- CV/resume, research experience, publications, and awards
- 2 professional or academic references
- Email complete application to: Laurel Kalman
Selections are made on a rolling basis, dependent on the availability of open spots and funding.
Criteria to be used for the selection include:
- Academic record of achievement
- Potential promise for contribution to the field of translational research and lung biology
E-mail notification of the decisions will be sent to the applicants.