- About the Center
- Treatment at CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Training Opportunities
- OCD Assessment Workshop (June 8, 2018)
- Intensive Training in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Introduction to CBT for Anxiety and Related Disorders (Sep. 14, 2018)
- Assessment of PTSD in Children and Adolescents (Sep. 28, 2018)
- Intensive Training in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Oct. 8-11, 2018)
- Prolonged Exposure for PTSD in Adolescents (Oct. 12, 2018)
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Oct. 22-26, 2018)
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Introduction to CBT for Anxiety and Related Disorders (Sep. 14, 2018)
** New Workshop Offering! **
Registration is required by September 7, 2018.
Introduction to CBT for Anxiety and Related Disorders Workshop
Friday, September 14th, 9 am – 5 pm
Date: Friday, September 14th
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (8:30 am check-in for continental breakfast)
Cost: $300.00 for attendance. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials.
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Workshop Description: Faculty from the CTSA will provide instruction in the defining characteristics of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), the efficacy of CBT for anxiety and related disorders, CBT conceptualization of anxiety disorders, key treatment techniques, and special issues in exposure-based treatments.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify the differences between cognitive behavioral therapy and other treatment modalities
- Discuss the efficacy of CBT for anxiety and related disorders
- Describe CBT conceptualizations of anxiety and related disorders
- Discuss the importance of assessment as related to CBT for anxiety and related disorders
- Outline key treatment techniques for anxiety and related disorders
- Identify avoidant or safety behaviors that impact the effectiveness of exposures
- Discuss myths about CBT in general and exposure therapy in particular
Continuing Education Credit: THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate at the end of the workshop.
Please find the registration form here.
Registration forms can be submitted:
Via postal mail to:
Sandy Capaldi, Psy.D., CTSA
3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: 215-746-3311, Attn: Sandy Capaldi
Via email as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top