- About the Center
- Getting Treatment at Our Center
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Information for Professionals
- Training Opportunities
- Adolescent Intensive Training in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
- Intensive Training in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
- PTSD Assessment and Treatment Workshop
- Introduction to Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) Workshop
- OCD Assessment and Treatment Workshop
- Intensive Training in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Find a PE Therapist
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Practicum/Externship Opportunities at the CTSA
About the Program
The CTSA offers a specified training opportunity to advanced doctoral students in the area.
Clinical practicum students at our site have the opportunity to complete extensive intake assessments for our treatment research studies as well as provide evidence-based treatment to individuals with a wide range of anxiety disorders including OCD, PTSD, GAD, social anxiety disorder, trichotillomania, panic disorder and specific phobias while receiving extensive group and individual supervision in these areas. Individual (1 hour) and group (2 hours) supervision is available. Clinical practicum students also serve in other research capacities including providing treatment adherence ratings. Students are expected to provide 8-10 hours of direct clinical services per week. Practicum students also have the opportunity to attend 4-day intensive training workshops on the treatment of OCD and PTSD.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's Degree
- Advanced student (at least third-year) in a doctoral program
- Previous training in CBT with good basic therapy skills
- Training in standardized diagnostic interviews (e.g., SCID) and good clinical diagnostic skills
- Available 16 hours per week including all day on Tuesdays
Start date: Beginning of July or earlier
Application Process and Deadlines
Our application requires a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation to be sent by the applicant via email or mail. We prefer that applications are submitted as one complete package that includes the aforementioned documents; however, we will accept letters of recommendation separately. If recommendation letters are submitted separately, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that recommenders have submitted their letters on time.
The CTSA participates in the Uniform Time Line for Practicum Applications for the Greater Philadelphia Area. These guidelines can be viewed here. An application cover sheet template can be found here.
For the 2018-2019 practicum year, applications may only be submitted between December 15, 2017 and January 16, 2018.
Interviews will be conducted between January 22, 2018 and February 23, 2018.
Applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail (receive an offer, no offer, or waitlist) on February 26, 2018 at approximately 9 AM. Applicants have a two-hour window to respond (yes, no, or "hold").
Only one offer from a practicum site may be held by an applicant at any one time. A final decision must be made by by 9 AM on February 27, 2018.
All applications and questions can be directed to:
Elizabeth Turk-Karan, Ph.D.
Director of Practicum Training
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
3535 Market Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Back to Top