Certification in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) for PTSD
Coordinator: Tracey Lichner, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
The CTSA provides training in the use of Prolonged Exposure (PE) treatment for PTSD to mental health providers and organizations
- Become certified in PE by the Developer, Edna Foa, Ph.D
- Used throughout the world, PE is the most extensively studied psychotherapy for PTSD
- PE is highly effective in reducing symptoms of PTSD, depression, anger, and anxiety in trauma survivors.
- PE has been successfully used to treat individuals with PTSD resulting from a variety of traumas including rape, violent physical assault, childhood sexual abuse, terrorist attacks, combat, motor vehicle accidents and disasters.
- Certification in PE increases competence and mastery in treating PTSD
- All certified PE therapists are included on our referral list in order to increase availability of evidence based psychotherapy for PTSD
After completion of the 4-day basic PE Intensive workshop, therapists receive one-on-one supervision/consultation on 2 clients*
The one-on-one supervision includes:
- 3, 30-minute pre-PE supervisions by Skype or Telephone per patient.
- Consultant review of video recorded PE sessions
- weekly supervision of 10-12 PE sessions conducted by Skype or Telephone,
- Once the supervisor ascertains that the therapist conducted PE adequately, the CTSA will issue a certificate of “PE Therapist”, signed by Dr. Foa.
Cost: $185 per consultation hour
(Total cost is typically $5500, but varies)
Additional consultation packages are available. Click here for more information.
Open ended consultation......$200 per consultation hour
Agency Group Calls ..............$300 per consultaton hour with no greater than 6 members per call