- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Training Opportunities
- Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Introduction to CBT for Anxiety and Related Disorders (Sep. 14, 2018)
- Assessment of PTSD in Children and Adolescents (Sep. 28, 2018)
- Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Oct. 8-11, 2018)
- Prolonged Exposure for PTSD in Adolescents (Oct. 12, 2018)
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Oct. 22-26, 2018)
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
OCD Assessment Workshop (June 8, 2018)
Registration is required by June 4, 2018.
OCD Assessment Workshop
Friday, June 8th, 9 am – 5 pm
Date: Friday, June 8th
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: $300.00 for attendance. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Workshop Description: Faculty from the Center for the Treatment & Study of Anxiety will provide instruction in DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for OCD, factors to consider when creating an OCD assessment battery, use of the Obsessive Compulsive Inventory – Revised (OCI-R), and administration of the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS). Participants will also rate a sample Y-BOCS and discuss the scoring rationale for the sample administration. Participants will also be introduced to Exposure and Response Prevention, an evidence-based treatment for OCD that is effective, flexible, and a best practice recommendation.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define obsessions and compulsions and compare differences between the two
- Discuss differential diagnosis for OCD
- Outline best practices for assessing OCD in adults
- Utilize the OCI-R in a clinically meaningful way
- Administer the Y-BOCS in a standardized way
- Score and interpret OCI-R and Y-BOCS
- Discuss the basics of EX/RP
Continuing Education Credit: THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate at the end of the workshop.
Please find the registration form here.
Registration forms can be submitted:
Via postal mail to: Sandy Capaldi, Psy.D., CTSA, 3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: 215-746-3311, Attn: Sandy Capaldi
Via email as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to: email@example.com
Back to Top