- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Training Opportunities
- Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Introduction to CBT for Anxiety and Related Disorders (Sep. 14, 2018)
- Assessment of PTSD in Children and Adolescents (Sep. 28, 2018)
- Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Oct. 8-11, 2018)
- Prolonged Exposure for PTSD in Adolescents (Oct. 12, 2018)
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Oct. 22-26, 2018)
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Assessment of PTSD in Children and Adolescents (Sep. 28, 2018)
** New Workshop Offering! **
Registration is required by September 21, 2018.
Assessment of PTSD in Children and Adolescents
Friday, September 28th, 9 am – 5 pm
Date: Friday, September 28
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: $300.00 for attendance. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials (workshop binder with all slide handouts and PTSD assessment measures).
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Workshop Description: Dr. Sandy Capaldi will provide instruction in the diagnosis, prevalence, associated features, and differential diagnosis of PTSD for children and adolescents. Administration of the Child Posttraumatic Stress Scale Interview for DSM-5 (CPSS-I-5) and the Child Posttraumatic Stress Scale Self Report for DSM-5 (CPSS-SR-5) will be covered in detail and participants will rate a sample CPSS-I-5 and discuss the scoring rationale for the sample administration. Participants will also be introduced to Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD, an evidence-based treatment for PTSD that is effective, flexible, and a best practice recommendation.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify different types of criterion A traumas
- Describe the diagnosis and psychopathology of PTSD
- Discuss the relationship of PTSD to common comorbid problems (i.e. substance use/abuse, depression)
- Outline best practices for assessing trauma and PTSD in children and adolescents
- Administer the CPSS-I-5 and CPSS-SR-5 in a standardized way
- Score and interpret the CPSS-I-5 and CPSS-SR-5
- Discuss the basics of Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD
Continuing Education Credit: THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate at the end of the workshop.
Please find the registration form here.
Registration forms can be submitted:
Via postal mail to:
Sandy Capaldi, Psy.D., CTSA
3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: 215-746-3311, Attn: Sandy Capaldi
Via email as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top