- About the Center
- Getting Treatment at Our Center
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Information for Professionals
- Find a PE Therapist
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Intensive Training in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
A Training Course for Mental Health Professionals
The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania will offer an intensive 4-day training workshop in the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (EX\RP) Therapy for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Because of its intensive format and small faculty-to-participant ratio, enrollment will be limited. Also, due to the advanced nature of this workshop, we prefer participants who have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy.
This intensive workshop will...
- Introduce participants to the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX\RP
- Provide instruction in the basic techniques of EX\RP to treat OCD in adults, adolescents and children
- Provide guidelines for how and when to modify EX\RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual (developmental issues, co-morbid conditions)
- Allow participants to practice the techniques of EX\RP under expert guidance
- Use excerpts from videotaped sessions conducted by experts to illustrate how to use EX\RP
- Include case vignettes and discussion of when and how to implement EX\RP
- Provide a certificate of completion
- Allow eligible participants to sign up for CE credit
Who should attend
Licensed mental health professionals or those working under license. Because of the advanced nature of this workshop and the limited enrollment, participants should have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and with patients with anxiety.
July 11-14, 2016
Sheraton University City Hotel
3549 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (8:30 am for check-in and continental breakfast)
Fee for the workshop is $1,200 per person. Fee covers cost of the training, EX/RP Therapist Guide and Patient Workbook from the Treatments That Work series, handouts and supporting materials, and breakfast and refreshments during breaks.
Continuing Education Credit
Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (PBTA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide continuing education credits for psychologists and Pennsylvania social workers. Other licensed professionals should confirm with their respective licensing boards that CE activities in compliance with the American Psychological Association’s standards for continuing education credits are acceptable. PBTA maintains responsibility for the program.
This workshop is approved for 24 credit hours. In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
- attend each hour of the workshop (no late arrivals or early departures)
- sign in and out of the workshop each day
- complete a post-test and course evaluation
- pay $60 by cash or check to PBTA (payable at any time during the workshop)
If all of these requirements are met, PBTA can provide you with a continuing education certificate at the conclusion of the workshop. Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (PBTA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide continuing education credits for psychologists. PBTA maintains responsibility for the program. This activity is approved for 24 credit hours.
Where to Stay
There are several options for local housing. For more information click here.
- Edna B. Foa, Ph. D.
- Sandy Capaldi, Psy.D.
- Steve Tsao, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Turk-Karan, Ph.D.
- Elna Yadin, Ph.D.
- David Yusko, Psy.D.
- Laurie Zandberg, Psy.D.
Click here to view an agenda for the workshop.
To download a registration form, please click on one of the links below:
For additional information or to confirm that space is still available, please contact:
Elna Yadin, Ph.D., OCD Clinic Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top