Intensive Training in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
Dates for 2015 workshop: July 13-16, 2015
***Please note that this year's workshop will NOT be held at 3535 Market Street, but at the Sheraton Hotel on 36th and Chestnut St.***
SPACES ARE LIMITED! As of March 12th, before sending in your registration, please check with Dr. Yadin at email@example.com to see if room is still available.
A Training Course for Mental Health Professionals
The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania will offer an intensive 4-day training workshop in the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (EX\RP) Therapy for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Because of its intensive format and small faculty-to-participant ratio, enrollment will be limited. Also, due to the advanced nature of this workshop, we prefer participants who have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy.
This intensive workshop will...
- Introduce participants to the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX\RP
- Provide instruction in the basic techniques of EX\RP to treat OCD in adults, adolescents and children
- Provide guidelines for how and when to modify EX\RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual (developmental issues, co-morbid conditions)
- Allow participants to practice the techniques of EX\RP under expert guidance
- Use excerpts from videotaped sessions conducted by experts to illustrate how to use EX\RP
- Include case vignettes and discussion of when and how to implement EX\RP
- Provide a certificate of completion
- Allow eligible participants to sign up for CE credit
Exposure and Response Prevention therapy guides penned by Drs. Foa, Yadin and Lichner from the Treatments That Work series will be available for a discounted price.
Who should attend
Licensed mental health professionals or those working under license. Because of the advanced nature of this workshop and the limited enrollment, participants should have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and with patients with anxiety.
July 13 - 16, 2015
3549 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (8:30 am for check-in and continental breakfast)
$1,000 per person. Fee covers cost of workshop, handouts and supporting materials, and refreshments during breaks.
Continuing Education Credit
Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (PBTA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide continuing education credits for psychologists. PBTA maintains responsibility for the program. This activity is approved for 24 credit hours.
Where to Stay
There are several options for local housing. For more information click here.
*Due to family reasons, Dr. Edna Foa will NOT be teaching during this workshop.
Click here to view an agenda for the workshop.
For additional information or to confirm that space is still available, please contact:
Elna Yadin, Ph.D., OCD Clinic Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org