BIOSKETCH Goutham Kodali
1004 Stellar-Chance Labs
Dept. of Biochemistry & Biophysics
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Tel: (215) 898-5668
Fax: (215) 573-2235
Ph.D. in Chemistry
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (2003- 2009)
M.Sc. in Biophysical Chemistry
Osmania University, Hyderabad, India (2000-2002)
PRINCIPAL RESEARCH INTERESTS:
Design and engineering of light harvesting, light activatable and redox active artificial enzymes (maquettes) from scratch with a main focus on photosynthetic antenna centers and artificial heme and flavoproteins.
Other research interests are, understanding biological photo-induced electron transfer and charge transfer by both experimental and computational methods. Understanding dynamics and kinetics of protein structural changes, protein cofactor interactions and its relation to biological activity by both experimental and computational methods.
1. Electronic Transition Dipole Moment Directions of Reduced Anionic Flavin in Stretched Poly (vinyl alcohol) Films. Siddiqui, M. S. U.; Kodali, G.; Stanley, R. J*, J. Phys. Chem. B; 2008; 112(1); 119-126.
2. 2-Aminopurine excited state electronic structure measured by Stark spectroscopy. Goutham Kodali, Kurt A.Kistler, Spiridoula Matsika and Robert J. Stanley*, J. Phys.Chem. B; 2008; 112(6); 1789-1795.
3. Charge redistribution in oxidized and semiquinone E. coli DNA photolyase upon photoexcitation: Stark spectroscopy reveals a rationale for the position of Trp382. Goutham Kodali, Siddiqui, M. Salim and Robert J Stanley*,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131 (13), pp 4795–4807.
4. Excited state properties of 8-vinyl adenine: A Stark spectroscopy and an Ab-initio study of 8-Vinyladenine. Goutham Kodali, Madhavan Narayanan, Kurt A. Kistler, Spiridoula Matsika and Robert J. Stanley* J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114 (1), pp 256–267.
5. Differential Fluorescence Quenching of Fluorescent Nucleic Acid Base Analogs by Native Nucleic Acid Monophosphates. Madhavan Narayanan, Goutham Kodali, Yangjun Xing, Mary E. Hawkins, and Robert J. Stanley* J. Phys. Chem. B, 2010, 114 (17), pp 5953–5963.
6. Photoinduced Electron Transfer Occurs between 2-aminopurine and the DNA Nucleic Acid Monophosphates: Results from Cyclic Voltammetry and Fluorescence Quenching. Madhavan Narayanan, Goutham Kodali, Yangjun Xing, Mary E. Hawkins, and Robert J. Stanley* J. Phys.Chem.B, 2010, 114 (32), pp 10573–10580.