Elizabeth Blackwell Society
The Elizabeth Blackwell Society, started by a group of first year medical students in 2008, seeks to inspire, empower, and connect women in medicine. EBS is a student run group dedicated to highlighting the accomplishments of women in medicine, addressing the unique lifestyles women in medicine face, and fostering relationships between faculty and students.
We seek to:
- Promote the academic, personal, and professional growth of women in medicine.
- Foster a cohesive, supportive network of Penn Medicine women by facilitating camaraderie between women in all stages of their medical career in both structured and informal settings.
- Empower women as mentors by providing women students, residents, fellows, and faculty access to mentors and mentees.
- Develop women as professional leaders by sponsoring workshops and seminars on professional development and leadership.
- Promote women as leaders of community outreach by organizing community service projects that promote women's health.
- Collaborate with men and people of all gender identities in accomplishing these goals.
To learn more about EBS and keep up to date on EBS events, visit: http://theelizabethblackwellsociety.webs.com
Contact us at email@example.com
Like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethBlackwellSociety
EBS Board 2013:
EBS Faculty Advisors:
Dr. Rachel Kelz
Dr. Helen Davies