Welcome to Penn – Our Campus
Faculty Affairs and Professional Development (FAPD)– This office works with the leadership, faculty and administrators of the Perelman School of Medicine and the Health System to support an overarching goal of PENN Medicine - the implementation of the highest standards of excellence in academic medicine. The mission of FAPD is to support this goal by facilitating the recruitment and appointment, promotion, and retention of distinguished faculty.
About Penn Medicine – Penn Medicine consists of the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
Penn Medicine News
To help you keep up-to-date with news about Penn Medicine’s research, education and patient care activities, Penn Medicine Communications offers a variety of e-newsletters and publications to which you can subscribe. Examples include:
- Penn Medicine In the News – a daily or weekly summary of news stories featuring Penn Medicine.
- PENNMedicine – published several times a year with feature articles about Penn Medicine faculty.
- Benchmarks – periodic e-newsletter featuring highlights of Penn Medicine's biomedical research in the news.
- Hospitals and Locations
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) – Located adjacent to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP). Many physicians and researchers at CHOP hold faculty appointments at the Perelman School of Medicine.
- Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center (PVAMC) – Located adjacent to Penn’s Campus, PVAMC is an affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Many PVAMC physicians have faculty appointments in the Perelman School of Medicine; in addition, Perelman School of Medicine faculty members provide clinical care and are involved in research at PVAMC.
- The Wistar Institute – Located in the heart of Penn’s Campus, Wistar maintains its status as an independent research center while enjoying a close working relationship with the University of Pennsylvania. Many of the researchers at Wistar participate in education and research with the Perelman School of Medicine.
Penn Compact: From Excellence to Eminence – The Penn Compact is Penn's vision statement with the goals of making the University both a global leader in teaching, research, and professional practice, as well as a dynamic agent of social, economic, and civic progress.
Penn Integrates Knowledge (PIK) Initiative – This is an initiative conceived by President Gutmann to recruit scholars whose research and teaching exemplify the integration of knowledge. PIK Professors are scholars who hold endowed professorships and joint appointments between Penn's schools.
Penn News – To help you keep up-to-date with news about the University’s activities, University Communications offers a variety of e-newsletters to which you can subscribe. Examples include:
- Almanac – University journal of record, opinion and news.
- Penn Current – University news, ideas and conversations.
Research at Penn – Penn currently ranks as one of the premier research universities in the nation. Penn’s broad-based approach is multidisciplinary, with collaborations taking place between faculty and students from across Penn's 12 schools.
Diverse Philadelphia – The Philadelphia region is rich in cultural and ethnic traditions that are now an integral part of one of the most diverse cities in America.
Select Greater Philadelphia– Describes the high quality of life in Philadelphia.