FIRST for Students
The prospect of financing your medical education may seem daunting--but you have a lot of options. FIRST for Medical Education offers resources and information that can help you:
- Create a plan to responsibly manage and repay your student loan debt
- Understand the long-range impact of your financial decisions
- Become a well-informed consumer
- Practice healthy financial habits
- Expand your financial literacy
- Achieve a smooth transition from medical school to residency
Financial Literacy 101
Financial Literacy 101, is an online financial literacy resource designed for the unique financial needs of medical students.
The AAMC's FIRST for Medical Education program has recently launched a great tool to help you manage your student loans. It's called the Medloans® Organizer and Calculator. The Calculator is the only loan repayment calculator customized for medical school students.
This exciting new tool allows you to:
- Organize your loans 24/7
- Manage and save your loan information in one secure location
- View and explore loan repayment options
- Create your own unique scenarios in a "Scratch Pad"
Access the Medloans® Organizer and Calculator with your AAMC username and password at www.aamc.org/first **
The FIRST program offers a full range of Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools for applicants, medical school students, residents, advisors, and financial aid officers. Our mission is to help medical school borrowers expand their financial literacy, make smart decisions about student loans, and manage their student debt wisely. Visit www.aamc.org/first.
** If you don't remember your password click on "forgot password." If you are unable to login, notify email@example.com and reference the Medloans Calculator in your message.
Student and Applicant Focus
A PDF version of each FIRST Fact Sheet is available to download at the end of each page.
Before Medical School
During Medical School
Leaving Medical School
Page Updated: 08-Nov-2012