Penn Monthly Budget Plan
The Penn Monthly Budget Plan is a program that is designed for families who wish to pay educational expenses monthly with no interest charges.
Further information about the plan, enrollment fees, and the application can be found here.
Penn Plan Guaranteed Tuition Prepayment Plan
Prepay 2, 3 or 4 years of tuition and fees to stabilize cost at the level when you join the program. Further information is available at http://www.sfs.upenn.edu/e-services/penn-plan-online.htm
Electronically, using Penn.Pay System
Penn.Pay is an electronic billing service that enables you to receive your Penn Monthly Student Account Billing Statements online, as well as providing an option to pay them electronically. Students can invite other payers to enroll in the service, so the billing and payment process can be readily available to multiple parties.
- Penn.Pay-From your checking or savings account
- Transfer funds from your checking or savings account (U.S. financial institutions only).You schedule the payment amount and payment date.
- Penn.Pay-Using the AmericanExpress®Card
- Penn welcomes American Express Cards when you pay online.
- There is a 2.1% convenience fee when you choose this option. The fee will be included on your American Express billing statement.
Penn does not receive any compensation or portion of the convenience fee for providing AMEX as a payment option.
- Send your payment coupon (lower portion of your billing statement) or obtain a payment coupon by logging on to Penn.Pay, click on the "Statement of Account" link, scroll down and click on the “Print Payment Coupon” link. Cut the payment coupon (lower portion) off, and mail it along with your payment.
- Make check payable to: “The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania”.
- Print the student's full name and 8-digit Penn-ID number on your check.
- Mail your payment at least 5 days before the due date to ensure timely posting. Send your check to:
University of Pennsylvania/Tuition
P.O. Box 785551
Philadelphia, PA 19178-5551
- Do not send payment to the P.O. Box by way of FedEx, UPS, DHL or Emory.
- Do not send cash. Credit card payments are not accepted by mail.
- Do not include correspondence with your payment. Mail any correspondence and payments when using FedEx, UPS, DHL or Emory to:
3451 Walnut Street,
Room 100, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6270,
or email SFS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your payment coupon (lower portion of your billing statement) or obtain a payment coupon by logging on to Penn.Pay, click on the "Statement of Account" link, scroll down and click on the “Print Payment Coupon”link. Cut the payment coupon.
- Present the payment coupon with your check to the University Cashier, located in the lobby of the Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street.
By Wire Transfer
If you are wiring funds, please supply the following information to your financial institution. Transfer funds to:
|Transfer funds to:
|| Wachovia Bank N.A.
|For credit to:||University of Pennsylvania SFS|
Line 1: Full Student Name and 8 digit Penn-ID
|SWIFT code||PNBPUS33 (only if requested by your bank)|
When a wire transfer is initiated, your originating bank can directly wire the funds to Wachovia Bank. You may be assessed a fee by your bank. If your bank uses an intermediary bank (usually a New York Bank), the intermediary bank may also assess a fee (approx.$10-$30) which is your responsibility to pay.
The University must receive the FULL amount due on or before the due date indicated on the bill. If full payment is not received by the due date, a Late Payment Penalty of 1.5% of the amount past due will be assessed, and future registration and continuing enrollment will be jeopardized.
A new Late Payment Penalty will appear both as a new transaction, and in the Late Payment Penalty box on the summary line. Adjustments to previously assessed late payment penalties will appear as a new transaction and will be included as either a New Credit or New Charge on the summary line.
If Penn accepts payment that contains or reflects “paid in full”, or other restrictive endorsements, Penn does not lose any of its rights to collect any amount due.
- If paying online, make payment at least three days prior to the bill due date .
- If paying by mail, make payment at least 5 days prior to the bill due date.
- Make your check payable to: "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania"
- Do not send cash
Full Amount Due
The University must receive the FULL AMOUNT DUE on or before the due date indicated on the bill. If full payment is not received by the due date, a late payment penalty of 1.5% of the amount past due will be assessed, and future registration and continuing enrollment may be jeopardized.
If Penn accepts payments that contain or reflect "paid in full" , or other restrictive endorsements, Penn does not lose any of its rights to collect any amount due.
A check not honored by the bank is subject to a $30 returned check charge. Any balance unpaid on the student account as a result of the returned check is subject to a late payment penalty. The University reserves the right to require a cashier or certified check on future payments. The University does not accept post-dated checks.
A payment returned for non-sufficient funds is subject to a $30 NSF Fee and any unpaid balance as a result of a NSF payment will be subject to a late payment penalty.
Page Updated: 08-Nov-2012